Saturday, September 27, 2008

I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day! (no I don't)

There is something that I’m confused about. Why do I have to party to be a fun or adventurous person? I was talking to a friend who also goes to college (not CSU) and asked her what she was doing this weekend. She said she was getting trashed. I didn’t really know what to say, I was just kind of like “oh….that’s cool I guess.” In my head I’m thinking “oh my!” Haha. So then she asked me what I was doing and I told her that I don’t party, it’s not my scene, and so I just hang out with friends. She replied with “why not? Where’s your sense of adventure?” Ok wait! Hold the phone! I have to party, get drunk, make a fool of myself, possibly make huge mistakes, and puke my guts out the next morning to be adventurous? Sounds great! I really want to go do that! Where do I sign? Haha. I just don’t understand why I have to drink to have fun. I have lots of sober fun, in fact I have sober fun every single day! Not to mention how dangerous that is! Ugh. I just don’t get it.

Xoxo

Crystal

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't see how getting trashed every weekend is adventurous. Sounds kinda lame. Then again, for fun we tore out the carpet by our sliding glass door today. I thought it was fun.

Crystal said...

I agree! It's so stupid and I really couldn't believe that she said that to me. I can be adventurous sober.

oh heck yeah! tearing up carpet is fun! Putting it down isn't. (thats the hard part) Ha.

Whala Whala Bing Bang said...

You definately don't have to get drunk to be adventurous! Heck just being alive & walking to your classes is adventurous enough! ;o)
I think the adventure part only comes from the escape from inhabitions. Just one point of view anyway...

LuAnn said...

If you think about it it would really be an adventure for some to go sober for one week! They wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Ha ha.

The Donigans said...

You go girl! Way to stick to your guns! Yes, it truly is sad that some people don't know how to be "adventurous" without harmful substances. Daily life brings plenty of adventures. You rock in your purple socks!