Saturday, February 7, 2009

On Thursday Ashley, Lynette, and I donated blood. I was really proud of myself because I tried something different and did something I was scared to do. I didn’t think it would affect me at all but I was wrong. I was feeling really good because first of all, the needle didn’t hurt like I thought it would. Before she stuck me I asked if it would hurt and she said it would pinch and sting a little, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Also, I could actually look at it after she stuck me and wasn’t grossed out. Haha. Then after I was done, I was feeling fine. About twenty minutes later I started to feel light headed and queasy. I could hear buzzing in my ear too, and one of the technicians said I was probably about to pass out. Thank goodness I didn’t! I had to lie down for a few minutes until I felt better. My friend Ashley had a worse time though. She did pass out. It was really scary! The funny part is that Lynette, the one who is scared of needles and who was really scared to do this, didn’t have any side effects at all! Not to mention, she decided she would come with only hours before we went! How cruel! Haha. But, Ashley and I decided that it was worth it because we might have saved someone’s life by giving blood that day. :)

Lynette didn't want to be in the picture...(party pooper)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i used to donate blood all the time. I liked watching the needle go in! And there were usually cookies and juice afterward.

Then I got some bizarre thing from the blood donation people telling me I was disqualified due to my hepatitis B. That I don't have. Havent donated since.

That was in CA though.