Lots to catch up on!
I am finally on Spring break and I am so happy to be home. The week before break was insane! (Midterms suck) I had two papers due, an Art History exam, and a math exam the week before break. I feel like I did well on the papers and the math test was too easy. The whole math class is easy, truthfully. We just finished a unit on apportionment and routes; figuring out how to allocate seats in the senate, tickets, etc and figuring out the least expensive and most efficient route. The easiest math class I have ever taken; I actually might pass math with a grade higher than a C for once! I feel miserable about the Art History exam though. I got a 64. :[ I don’t understand why I suck at life in that class! I go to all the lectures, I take notes, I read the assigned readings, I make a study guide with flashcards, and I studied all week before the exam. Mess!
Well, I’m happy to be home and have some time to relax. Thanks to my Uncle, we were able to get wireless internet in the apartment and that has been reaaaaly great!
A couple of unfortunate things have happened since I have been home though. My rat, Alfalfa has a respiratory infection. :[ We took her to the vet on Tuesday because I noticed she was sneezing and wheezing. It cost me $93 to take her to the vet and get some antibiotics. (eek!) It’s only been two days since I started her on the antibiotics but she is making a little progress. She was running on her wheel today, which she hasn’t done since she got sick. I hope she gets better! Rats get respiratory infections quite often, it’s inherited when they’re born, and sometimes they get better only to fall back into it. I hope she makes a full recovery.
My fish tank started leaking sometime in the middle of the night on Monday night! I woke up on Tuesday to water all over my dresser and only about two inches of water in the tank. Luckily, bettas naturally live in small puddles and can survive by breathing oxygen. I was able to transfer the fish into separate bowls and had to buy a new fish tank. They get a bigger home now! I was a little worried about this tank at first, since it has a clear divider. Blue fish, which I have finally named Bubbles, could care less about Sharkbait but Sharkbait definitely doesn’t like Bubbles. I was worried that he would be mad all the time. He did flare a little at first but I think he’s over it now. They’ll get used to each other, I’m sure.
Reading update: I’m reading Light a Penny Candle by Maeve Binchy. I am only about a quarter of the way through but so far it’s really good. It’s about a family in London during WWII. They send their 10 year old daughter, Elizabeth, to stay with friends in Ireland so she’s safe. The book follows her life from then on to adulthood.
Told ya I had a lot to catch up on.
Xoxo,
Crystal











No comments:
Post a Comment