Monday, March 23, 2009

I just want to RANT

Yeah! I just want to rant right now.

Please excuse me, but I'm a little frustrated.

First off, last night, we watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the family they were helping this week had a daughter with a rare blood disease and I didn't catch what exactly this disease did to her because Lynette was talking throughout the whole show (so annoying!) but all I know is that she has to get blood transfusions every two months. One of the things that the show did, in addition to building their new house, was hold a blood drive, and talk about the importance of giving blood. I was really interested in this show because giving blood has been on my mind a lot lately. Anyway, one of the things said on the show was that every two secnds there is someone in need of a blood transfusion and only 5% of the people eligible to donate actually donate. That is insane. While listening to this, I am reminded of how Lynette says she wont donate blood again because she "doesn't like the way it makes her feel." I was so mad. This 14 year old girl in AZ probably doesn't like the way blood transfusions feel but she has to get them in order to survive. People who get in car accidents don't like the way that feels. But her blood could save their life. Lynette is O positive. She can save so many people. Mess! So, I'm hoping that the show last night was a big guilt trip for her! mess.

Second, you remember that art history exam I bombed? Well, today, my professor says that the average on the exam was a 66%. I'm wondering...doesn't that tell you anything? If the average on the exam is that low, doesn't that suggest that maybe your tests are too hard? Mess! I killed myself studying for that test and almost failed. I hate that class.

Ok, ranting over now. :]
xoxo,
Crystal

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I know how you feel about donating blood. I would if it weren't for some random wrong screening that said I have Hep B. The form said no more donating for me. Lame, huh?

Crystal said...

very lame. :[