Just like last year, I took Michael's school pictures for my mom because they are so freaking expensive. We had a good time, and got some great shots. My brother is silly though, and it's hard to get him to smile. Haha.
On Friday we found out that Mom's cervical cancer is back. It was pretty frightening for me. Monday she had a PET scan and it showed that the cancer hasn't spread. Tuesday she had an appointment with the gynecologist/oncologist and took a biopsy of the mass to be sure it's cancerous. We'll know the results of that one in about a week. So far though, it looks like surgery and radiation will be the course of treatment. We want to thank all of those that have been praying for us and thinking good thoughts for us, we know it's working! :)
Other than all that, I'm just getting ready to go back to school. I leave on Saturday! I can't believe it. Where did summer go?
I've also been reading a lot. I finished Jane Eyre, and I loved it! After that I read this great book called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I really liked that too. Then I read City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. It was the sequel to a book a read during school called City of Bones. It was also very good. After that I read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I don't really know how I feel about that one. It was good...but it also wasn't in a way. I have mixed emotions. Maybe I need to read it again. Haha. Right now I'm reading Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. I found a copy of it when I was cleaning this summer and I had heard from a friend that it was really good, so I'm excited to read it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
I read My sister's keeper a year or so ago...and my thoughts were that it was very well written...but SO wrong. They screwed up the movie though...wished they'd stuck to the book. Woulda made it an even heavier movie...but I hate when they don't stick to the book.
We'll keep praying for you and your mom! And we'll miss seeing you again while you are away. But just remember how fast the last year went.
Post a Comment